The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to rapidly evolve. The PCOC continues to closely monitor the situation and is working with our local and regional public health jurisdictions and industry partners to ensure we have the latest news and resources available.
At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the City of Pasadena. According to Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the immediate health risk of this new virus to the general public in Los Angeles is still considered low.
Notably, there are currently no restrictions on public gatherings and no need to cancel events. In addition, public health officials have not issued any guidance to avoid travel to and within the United States.
To prevent exposures to respiratory illnesses, including COVID19, the Pasadena Convention Center has instituted the following precautions:
- Fully equipped hand-washing stations are available in restrooms throughout the facility and hand-sanitizer wipes at all food and beverage locations.
- Routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, banisters, and countertops
- Continue to follow all public health regulations at food concession stands and hosted catering food services.
- Offer pre-packaged food containers and food covers at all food services.
What you can do
As typical in the current flu and respiratory disease season, we encourage our guests to practice every day preventative measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow or a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and away from others when you are sick.
- Be sure to get your influenza vaccine to protect yourself from the flu.